Gearing up for G4
Sustainability reporting is undergoing a much-needed make-over with the help of the Global Reporting Initiative’s new G4 Guidelines. With the aim to explore the impact G4 has had to date and provide advice to future reporters, this study showcases the learnings of Swedish companies that have taken the leap to G4.
Early mover reporters are:
1. Applying the guidelines as a recommendation.
2. Achieving sharper reports, but not necessarily shorter ones.
3. Using materiality as a ticket to the strategy room.
4. Not using GRI’s aspects to define theissues of greatest relevance.
5. Defining their own KPIs when G4’s indicatorsdon’t tell the full story.